Today’s hop is about techniques, I have never did a triple stamping technique and wanted to try one. What is triple stamping, here is what it means.
The triple stamping technique involves using three sizes of card stock. First, you’ll layer them on top of each other, attach them together temporarily, and stamp repeated images over the top. This technique is so simple and punches a wow factor and looks great in landscape or portrait position.
For my card I used the Frosted Gingerbread stamp set along with the sale-a-bration specialty paper. I love how simple the card is but also elegant.
- Cut kraft cardstock into one 2 x 3 1/4″, one 3 x 4 1/4″ and one 4 x 5 1/4″ square.
- Cut cardbase 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut specialty paper (I use Be Dazzling from the SAB) for matting, 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ and 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2.” (You can just use matching cardstock that is the same as card base.)
- Stack the layers smallest on top, once you have them lined up the way you want, lightly tape the layers in place using a small piece of double sided so the layers stay in place when you stamp over them.
- Stamp your image over all three layer at the same time, I used the snowflake stamped full strength with Cinnamon Cider (You will have gaps around the second and third layers, however, when you add the matting layers, the gaps will disappear.)
- Adhere layers to the mats….use dimensionals to adhere the top layer to add a little dimension.
- Add embellishments, I used Elegant Faceted Gems for the centers of the snowflakes and adhere layers to card base.
- For the inside I used a piece of Kraft cardstock and stamped the edge with the decorative stamp and a snowflake in the corner. I then added a piece of gold ribbon to tie in the gold color.
I am having so much fun with this this stamp set, I am currently working on a cookbook using the Gingerbread and Peppermint Memories & More Card Pack along with Gingerbread and Peppermint DSP and some from the annual catalog and some retired. I am calling the cookbook “Mrs. Claus Secret Recipes.” So keep watching for it to be posted soon, until then lets hop on over to Tricia Butts.