What are your plans for this holiday? Do not forget to wear green so you do not get pinched! The reason to wear green is so the leprechauns cannot see you, so they cannot pinch you. Horseshoes are a symbol of good luck on St. Patrick’s Day and Lucky only knows where the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow.
I always wondered why people call clovers shamrocks. So, I researched the difference between them, and here is what I found:
- Shamrocks have three leaves.
- Clovers have four leaves.
- Shamrocks are mostly green, but you can find them in purple and white.
- Shamrocks grow in clumps.
- Clovers are rare and grow one at a time, which is why you are lucky when you find one.
Going to my local McDonalds’s so I can get myself a shamrock shake. What will you be drinking on this day? Shamrock shakes or green beer.
Today’s project is a cute gift box you can give for St. Patrick’s Day. It holds a Hosetess cupcake, this one is Key Lime flavored.
- BOX BOTTOM: Seven-by-seven-inch Parakeet Party.
- BOX LID: Five-by-five-inch Mint Macaron.
- CLOVERS: Need three or four different cardstocks and/or DSPs punched or fussy cutted.
- HORSESHOE: from Oriental Trading and DSP to cover the horseshoe.
- Score two inches on all four sides of the seven-by-seven piece.
- Cut on the yellow lines and cut off the red dashed lines. (see the diagram below (please note the diagram is not to scale, is for reference only)
- Using the scoreboard, place a cardboard shim along the board edge and place the cardstock along it and score one inch on all four sides for the box lid (this will allow the lid to slide over the box more easily.)
- Repeat step two for the lid.
- Apply glue according to the diagram below and assemble them to form the box bottom and lid.
- Now your box is ready to be decorated.
- Glue dsp to the horseshoe and cut around it. Take a nail file and go around the edges to sand off any excess dsp.
- Die cut or fussy cut out the sentiment and adhere it to the horseshoe. Now add your clovers.
- Your box is ready to be gifted:)
You can get this tutorial for FREE with a $50.00 purchase, or you can just purchase the tutorial for $20.00 HERE.
What is included in the bundle?
Full-Color Photos of each project
and step-by-step instructions (a few demos have included video links)
Are you ready for flip-flops, sand, and salty air?
Time to sit back, relax, and take family and friends to the beach from the comfort of your home with our latest kit: Boho Beach Kit! Comes with everything you need to make beach-inspired cards, evoking vacation, sun, and relaxation in minutes! Send a note to the people who love it, and you and them will love the acrylic-poured paint art style used in this kit for a dazzling marbled color effect.
This kit includes:
- Enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs
- Eight coordinating envelopes
- Boho Beach photopolymer stamp set
- One Pecan Pie Ink Spot
- Printed card bases, printed die cuts, adhesive, embellishments, and a clear block
- Finished card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Pecan Pie, Pool Party, Wild Wheat
If you live in the U.S. and do not have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, please contact me. Will be happy to help you with your creative projects. You may also visit my Online Store to place your order and have it shipped to your home.
2 May 2023 – 30 April 2024
View Online | Shop Online