August 3rd is when you, my customers, can start ordering from the Holiday Catalog! I hope you have had time to take a look at the catalog and oohed and ahhed over it. I know I have:)
My favorite is the Gingerbread and Peppermint Suite! I can already smell gingerbread in the air (I have a Scentsy filled with a gingerbread scent bar that smells scrumptiously delicious). I am participating in a few swaps for which I have created these for them.
First up is a simple 3″x3″ thank you card or gift tag.
I started with a piece of early espresso 3″x6″ and scored it at 3″. I then cut a piece of 1/2″x3″ of the Be Dazzling Sale-A-Bration specialty paper and centered it on the card base. I die cut the snowflake, bell, star, and ornaments and centered them over the strip, and added champagne gems to the card front (see pictures for placement). I lastly added a piece of very vanilla cardstock 2 3/4″x2 3/4″ on the inside to finish the card. I love how they look like fresh baked cookies.
For the second swap, I created a slim line card.
I used the early espresso cardstock for the card base and cut it down to 7″x8 1/2″ and scored it at 3 1/2″.
For the top card layer, I used very vanilla cut down to 3″x8″ and then I took a piece of the designer series paper and cut it to a 3″x3″ piece, then cut it from corner to corner.
I adhered it to the left side of the very vanilla I and stamped the sentiment from the stamp set in granny apple green. I added the die-cut images with dimensionals so they would stand out. I added a bow and champagne rhinestones to the card (see pictures for placement). I created the bow using the fork method using the real red ruched ribbon in the suite.
For the last swap I created a dutch fold card.
Again I used early espresso cut to 5 1/2″x8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. I turned the card sideways and at the 2 3/4″ cut down to the fold line and then cut off the top section (do not throw this away this will create the card front). For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of very vanilla at 4″x 5 1/4″ and adhered it inside, and stamped “Happy Holidays” to the inside in early espresso (sorry forgot to take a picture). For the card front, I cut a piece of gingerbread and peppermint dsp to 2 1/2″x2 1/2″ and adhered (I recommend using liquid glue for this and the second layer of card front). I glued the second layer on the bottom half of the leftover piece, added the be dazzling to it (same size as dsp). Added the trees and some champagne rhinestones. I stamped some peppermints to the front of the envelope to finish.
I hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I did creating them.
- CASEing a demonstrator
- Dancing Gnome
- Technique Tuesday-One Sheet Wonder
- Stampin Dreams Blog Hop
- Stamping with Friends Blog Hop featuring Stand Alone Dies